Monday, November 23, 2009

Disorientated.

I have discovered, through personal experience, that nothing is quite as confusing as falling asleep in the middle of the afternoon and waking up when it's dark out. In the summer time this would not phase me, but as I've been getting up at 6am regularly, when it's equally as dark as at 6pm, the confusion was magnified. I have learned my lesson. I awakened, frantically, from a scary dream in which I was being productive. As I was still groggy from sleep, I could not initially tell which of the 5:18s it was. For a second I assumed I had slept on the couch all night, became annoyed at my family for not awakening me for dinner and rehearsal, and leaped off said couch in order to do the homework I had been dreaming about before I had to leave for school. Then I heard my dad making dinner in the kitchen. I fell back onto the couch as I readjusted my way of thinking. I had only slept for two hours, I still had time to do the aforementioned homework, and I had not missed anything. The refocus was marvelous. Although I would have had time to work on the needed homework had it been 5:18 am, I would have missed rehearsal, much to the disgruntlement of my co-dancers, and I would be frazzled during my whole day at school. Needless to say, the realization of 12 more hours in which to do my work and sleep more was a good one. I have, however, learned my lesson. Not only will I refrain from taking naps when I'll wake up in the dark, but maybe I'll do a little homework before naps so I don't have weird dreams about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment