Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Musings.

Today seems like a good day. Although I'm ridiculously sore in the arm area, feel like I may be getting a cold, and suspect that my nose is fractured, I'm happy. My emotions remain unfathomable. Maybe I'm beginning to be able to accept my lot in life more. Maybe I feel loved by enough people to outweigh the negative aspects of life. Maybe my acquisition of a job and subsequent lack of any free time whatsoever has kept me from moping. Maybe it's all of the above. I am, however, extremely hungry. This doesn't detract, of course, but it's a distraction from the rather important things on my mind. The sun has made its face known a few times today I hear, but I've been in class most of the morning. By the way, journalists. I dislike them. I must explain more, unfortunately. The characteristics required to be a good reporter are as follows: an insatiable curiosity, a sense that you deserve to know everything, an incurable desire to shout from the rooftops, a rather large ego, and little to no moral sense. Most of these by themselves in a person can just add interest and dimension to a person, but all together they create a rather caustic person. I'm not bothered personally by this, but the way the media sticks their noses in everyone's business and expects everyone else to care really bothers me. I suppose I'm talking about the mainstream media, but there's a certain level of that even in local publications. I've decided not to drop my journalism class, even though I've thought about it, because I've decided it's good practice in being around the type of people I don't much fancy, and doing well in a college class that I also don't fancy. I do, however, have to go interview people and garner information so I can write stories -- four total for the term -- and although I'm comfortable with that, I don't have any idea where I'm going to find the time. 'Tis a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment