Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ode to Cup-Noodles

Oh cup-noodles of soup,
You boon to college-kind,
You never taste like poop,
Even if you’re lime.


Oh cup-noodle of awesome,
What would we eat without thee?
You’re never flavored “possum,”
Even though you should be.


Oh cup-noodle of nourishment,
Your bounties never cease,
Your smell is ever ambient,
You bring me inner peace.


Oh cup noodle of food,
You’re impossible to eat graceful,
Guys look at me and say “Dude,”
But they’re just distasteful.


Oh cup noodle of yum,
You always fill me up,
Making happy my tum,
From your Styrofoam cup,


Oh cup noodle of quick,
You always are timely,
You never make me sick,
Although you aren’t so comely.


Oh cup noodle of procrastination,
You help me write this poem,
I should be in the midst of a literary creation,
I guess this’ll show ‘em.


Oh cup noodle of America,
You are very patriotic,
I doubt you’re sold in Jamaica,
But I don’t find you exotic.


Oh cup noodle of odes,
Although you’re so high brow,
My head is going to explode,
I’m done writing this now.

- Beth

1 comment: