Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I have an addiction! Give me therapy!

So, Ke$ha. Crazy crack-erm nevermind. Well, her song "Your Love is my Drug" made me think about addictions. I have an addiction. An incurable one, that will probably send me to serious therapy eventually.

Please, do not worry yourself over my condition. There are thousands who share the same sorry affliction and are quite functional. In fact, some learn to thrive with it.

My addiction is, of course, writing.

Silly people!

I realized a few moments ago that without writing, well... Who am I? What defines me without writing? I guess I'm addicted to the ideas that pour from my fingertips into the pen or keyboard.

It's strange, really. I can't be content with thoughts floating around in my head-- They never form fully until they're verbalized. I fear that if I didn't write regularly (usually in a notebook) my head would explode from all the half-baked ideas.

I'm addicted to thinking.

I am so addicted to thinking, in fact, that I cannot understand people who let their minds atrophy-- I don't understand to the point that it angers me greatly. A mind is a beautiful thing and one shouldn't let it go to waste!

Ironically enough, I've heard similar arguments for marijuana use.

I don't like to compare my intellectual addiction to drugs, but some comparisons are just too awesome to leave unsaid, like comparing bacon to true love.

Anyway, there's my little revelation for the day.

Let me know what you think in the comments section!

1 comment: