Sunday, September 19, 2010

The end of one era; the beginning of another.

Ladies and Gentlemen! I have survived yet another summer. I actually managed to not do anything too stupid. The most suspect of our collective adventures was the ice-blocking incident, wherein we got kicked out of a park and given a warning by a police officer for being in the park it late.

Yeah.

Well, this summer has been amazing. It's probably one of my favorites so far (hurr durr stereotypical summer raves etc.)

Anyhow, school starts up again tomorrow. I'm not exactly sad, but I'm not exactly ecstatic. I'm not exactly sad because-- well, I really am leaning more toward the happy side because I am such a nerd that I'm totally unhappy and depressed when I don't have any direction, even if the direction is as small as the next paper to research and write.

I'm not precisely happy, though. My head is so fuzzy from a month of nothing happening that I'm terrified I'll make my way back into the classroom as green as the newest freshly-graduated high schooler.

Also, I've been so confused about what to do about school. I ended up dropping 7 of the credit hours I registered for this quarter. Normally stoked about a busy schedule, I felt overwhelmed and racked with doubt about my choice of classes. So I dropped them.

I wish I could tell you I completed a novel this summer, or even a short story or two. The farthest I got with a work of fiction was the first draft of the first few chapters, and the farthest I got with an autobiographical narrative was the first few sentences.

I decided they sucked and filed them away with my other failed voluntary writing projects.

The truth is, I have a very hard time getting any serious work done unless I have a deadline hanging over my head. I've tried self-inflicted deadlines, but when my consequences are no worse than that I refuse to buy myself coffee, my motivation is pretty meagre.

Even my blogs are scarce. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment