Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ramblings of a brand-new barista

So I love my job. I love the owners, my coworkers and the patrons. I even love getting up early (as can be discovered in my previous post.) But, obviously, every once in a while someone will do something that confuses and peeves me.

Case in point:
If you can't see very well, the bottom of the mug is covered in small wood splinters from someone pulverizing their stirring stick.

Why?

Just... Why?

If I could understand the logic, the pleasure, or even the nervous habit behind completely crushing and destroying a small bit of wood, nary a complaint would fall from my lips. I would even be more understanding if the person had just thrown the small slivers away in one of the many conveniently located garbage cans -- I have no issue with destroying bits of wood.

Just...

Putting them in the sticky mug from which you consumed delicious coffee?

I don't like this level of confusion. It would have been so much easier for everyone for the Person to have just swept the splinters into his or her hand and dropped them in the garbage on the way out. Instead, Person swept them into his or her hand and dropped them into a coffee mug; one which, incidentally, had a thin coating of sugar sludge on the bottom.

An much as I love people, I shall never understand people's coffee shop habits.

Never.

2 comments:

  1. This was great, i can't wait to get back and come see you in the best coffee shop in the world. Will you make me a raspberry latte?
    <3 Hadley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, of course I will, Hadley! I've missed you so I'll buy it for you and make lovely latte art in it. (Or I'l try, anyway. xD)

    ReplyDelete