Monday, December 14, 2009

False alarm.

So, in case you haven't noticed from my last two blog posts, life hasn't been precisely stellar for me over the last couple of months. I don't care to publicize what's wrong, just know that it's a family matter. Well, in my last blog I wrote about how I was going to quit ballet. Soon after I wrote that post I began crying quite thoroughly, if not hysterically. Relief of pressure and bad chemicals and all that. Well, I was torn about quitting. I talked to some people about it, and my dear friend Sarah had an excellent suggestion -- pray about it. So I did.
I realized the next morning that ballet is one of the only things keeping me from totally losing my mind, sanity, sense, and reason in this troubled time. The hour and a half of intense physical activity four nights a week is keeping negative energies and chemicals flushed out of my system, and being strong and flexible boosts my self-esteem, which is important to controlling stress. Also, one of the dads at the dance school was on the verge of offering me a scholarship to get me to stay. He said he and his wife thought I had a spark, something special, and should not stop dancing. That helped.
However, I have decided that me not pursuing my other interests and talents is simply poor time management. I am going to spend Christmas break practicing music, drawing, and writing. Hopefully I will also find a job, but I'm not going to let my addiction to the pointless pursuits of the Internet override my artistic drives anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment