Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Time

The fourth dimension, time, has probably been written and sung about more than is fair. Certainly more than any of the other three tangible dimensions. Although time is limited, and our time in this reality is limited, there is always more time than we think. For example, when I started school this term I didn't think I would have time to do anything. I have, however, added two jobs (both admittedly small) and still found time to do things I love. For example, last Saturday I went rock climbing at Smith Rock. It was a lot of fun. It fueled my latest unreasonable passion. I cannot even begin to compute what made this happen, but all I want to do anymore is climb on rocks. Time has seemed to expand to accommodate my schedule and needs. I still have time to hang out with my buddies. I have been completing all my homework, mostly on time. We spent our time in reporting class today... Blogging. I thought it was funny, honestly, because I already blog almost religiously. We created Gmail accounts, created a blog with said account, wrote a quick bio, copy-pasted our articles into it, and embedded a few images. No problem. I said so, and was thus given a slightly more difficult task than embedding a video. I get to add a timeline widget. I'm real stoked. Blogging is just what I do. I'm a writer at heart, not a reporter or journalist. I can see the appeal of the career, but I don't think it's for me in the future. It's a great way to get published initially, and I certainly might like to write for a magazine, but news? Eh, I can do without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment