Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Dear Alarm: Yes, some people want to get up at 4:30.

I love being up early. I really do. The only issue I have with early morning is the waking up part.

See, I enjoy staying up late as much as I enjoy waking up early. If I could have things my way, I would never sleep at all, but instead while away the night hours doing stuff that I want to, whether it be useful to my character or not.

Early rising is a pleasant experience that everyone should try, if not partake of regularly.

I only learned of this joy in early rising when I acquired my job at the coffee shop.

However.

When I set my alarm to go off at 4:30, I mean for it to do so.

I appreciate the thought behind it letting me sleep late, but I am not a fan of testing my prowess at getting up early and speed-dressing against being late for work.

I am not a fan of my dad turning on my light, telling me it's five thirty, and asking when when I'm supposed to be at work (which is five thirty.)

This morning, I had that very experience. I cursed loudly (yes, in front of my daddy,) leaped out of bed, and fumbled around for my clothes.

My getting-ready time this morning, including brushing my teeth, was five minutes.

Daily, my prowess at speed-dressing grows.

Hopefully the pre-Thanksgiving coffee-goers don't notice my extreme case of bed head.

(on another note, I beg of all of you to travel SAFELY over Thanksgiving!)

No comments:

Post a Comment